Friday, January 23, 2009

A giggle for Friday...

As someone studying Human Resources, I have been paying more and more attention to how people prepare a successful resume - but the blunders can be far more entertaining! Perhaps you have sent off a resume with one or two mistakes (or maybe you are a good proof-reader!), but there are plenty of examples of candidates who missed the mark....some of my favourites:

Candidate explained an arrest by stating, “We stole a pig, but it was a really small pig.”


Candidate specified that his availability was limited because Friday, Saturday and Sunday was "drinking time."


Candidate explained that he works well nude.


Homer Simpson maybe???


Resume Mistakes

4 comments:

Millie said...

Having spent an exhausting 5hrs. last Friday helping my best friend's gorgeous daughter put together her CV I can really relate to this Romana! However, joy of joys she called last night very excited that she has an interview next week & the HR Director of the Company said her CV was outstanding - hooray!
Millie ^_^

Romana said...

Well done to your friend's daughter Millie (and you for helping!). A good resume is hard work!

Liesl said...

I love these! My favourite example of a dodgy CV was one I received about 10 years ago. It was printed on paper that had already been used. And what you might ask was on the reverse side? Hmmm, yes .... print outs about some rather nasty skin diseases. Arrrggh ... I'm still traumatised.

Romana said...

too funny HB, I would have felt wierd touching the paper it was printed on!