Saturday, November 8, 2008

Lunch or Love? All about making and consuming, non?

I was going to post images of my dream kitchen when I stumbled onto Heidi Claire's blog and see that she has found just about the closest I have seen yet, it is gorgeous!


Unfortunately it is one of the few images that Heidi does not have a source for, but wow! what an inspiration! I love the farmhouse sink, the different hardware that still gels together, the pendants, marble island, copper pots hanging on the utensil rack, some dark wicker to break-up the white cupboards and match the flooring...very nice! I even like the fish tea-towels! And finally, wall-cupboards that actually extend to the ceiling! I really do not understand why so many leave a space of 10-20 centimeters between the top of the cupboard and the ceiling - such a space is useless for storing or displaying items and a pain to dust and clean. Even if the top shelves aren't "handy" enough for every day items, they are perfect for displaying other collectibles!


Now don't get excited, our kitchen reno is probably years away (definitely other rooms need more work), but a girl can dream! And plan!!! So no long list of kitchen images today, just one beautiful one that has gone into my kitchen inspiration folder :).

So many thanks to Heidi for the image and the great heading!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You are soooo welcome. I am sorry that I do not have the source for this image. I have been compiling inspirational images my whole life. My Mother taught me that when life got tough to dream, escape in your mind. She taught me to build a castle in the sky. I have been decorating houses in my head ever since. Thanks for watching my blog. Heidi